With a down payment assistance grant, you don’t need to wait to buy a home in Cook County!
Saving for a down payment on your first home can take years. Now, Partnership Financial Credit Union (PFCU) is helping members buy a home by offering down payment assistance grants sponsored by the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development Department of Planning and Development and the City of Chicago Down Payment Assistance Program.
Do you qualify?
- You must be a current member of PFCU
- Home to be purchased must be an eligible property type and a primary residence within Cook County
- Member must have a minimum credit score of 620
- Member’s annual income must be at or below $148,050
- Minimum member contribution is the lesser of $1,000 or 1% of purchase price
- Grants are not limited to first-time home buyers
- Members may be required to complete a HUD-certified Homebuyer Education course and receive a Certificate of Completion
- Grant may be forgivable after 5 or 7 years based on property location
- Grant funds only available in conjunction with a PFCU first mortgage loan product
- All loans are subject to PFCU and secondary market lending guidelines
Questions? For detailed information, please contact one of our loan officers at 847.MYPFCU1 (847.697.3281) or email@example.com.
PFCU Loan Officers
Partnership Financial Credit Union – NMLS#409351
Morton Grove Office
Des Plaines Office
Our loan officers can prequalify you for a mortgage in as little as fifteen minutes, over the phone! Once you are prequalified, you have a better sense of what you can afford and the prequalified status tells sellers that you are a serious shopper. It can give you the advantage you need in a bidding war against another home buyer.
Documents Needed for a Mortgage Application
- Copies of your most recent pay-stubs covering a one-month period
- Copies of your W2 forms for the most recent two-year period
- If income is derived from retirement accounts, the most recent awards letter verifying the monthly retirement income
- Copies of your complete (including all schedules) IRS Tax Form 1040 for the most recent two-year period
- If you are self-employed, Corporate Returns for the most recent two-year period will be required
- Copies of two months of asset statements (all pages) for any and all accounts, including savings, checking and retirement accounts
- Copies of a government issued ID and Social Security card
- If your loan request is for a refinance transaction, a copy of your most recent mortgage statement
- If your loan request is for a home purchase, a copy of the fully-executed, signed purchase contract
- Name and phone number of your homeowners insurance agent and/or condo association (if applicable)
Copies of the documentation can be submitted to any of PFCU office or you can fax them to the following number:
Attention: Mortgage Department