Heather Sullivan, Marketing Manager
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chicago-Area Credit Union Announces Scholarship Winners
Partnership Financial Credit Union selected 15 area seniors to receive ‘Rising Star’ Scholarship
Des Plaines, Ill. — July 2, 2019 — Partnership Financial Credit Union (PFCU) announced today the winners of their 2019 “Rising Star Scholarship.”
The credit union chose 15 area seniors to receive awards for displaying (P)assion, (F)ocus, (C)harity and (U)niqueness, the four key traits of all PFCU Rising Star Scholarship recipients. Scholarships are awarded annually based on merit and/or financial need to PFCU members or children of members in good academic standing.
“We are so excited to be able to award scholarship funding to this wonderful group of students,” said Mary Ann Pusateri, CEO of PFCU. “With the cost of college rising every year, we are honored to be able to help Chicago-area students achieve their dreams, both through scholarships and low-rate student loans. On behalf of our employees and our board of directors, I want to thank all the students who applied for our scholarship and congratulate those awarded a scholarship.”
This year’s Rising Star scholarship recipients include:
• Kelly Cagney of Barrington High School. Kelly will be attending Tulane University.
• Nia Donfris of Lincoln Way Central High School in New Lenox. Nia will be attending Saint Louis University.
• Janelle Finton of Buffalo Grove High School. Janelle will be attending Indiana University.
• Katrina Grunst of Niles West High School. Katrina will be attending Valparaiso University.
• Marielle Foersterling of Barrington High School, who will be attending Northern Michigan University.
• Alexandar Johnson of William Jones Coll. Prep in Chicago. Alexandar will be attending Ohio State University.
• Hannah Kelly of Loyola Academy in Wilmette. Hannah will be attending University of South Carolina.
• Sophia Mccomb of Sycamore High School. Sophia will be attending Boston College.
• Christina Ramirez of Fenton High School in Bensenville. Christina will be attending Southern Illinois University.
• Macallister Rescorl of New Trier High School in Winnetka. Macallister will be attending University of Chicago.
• Priscilla Sabourin of Chesteron High School in Chesteron, Indiana. Priscilla will be attending Purdue University Northwest.
• Sasha Samano of Niles North High School. Sasha will be attending Oakton Community College.
• Charlie Simon of Deerfield High School. Charlie will be attending Indiana or Ohio State University.
• Jacob Sitzberger of Prairie Ridge High School in Crystal Lake. Jacob will be attending University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
• Liana Wallace of Evanston Township High School. Liana will be attending Barnard College.
“We wish all of this year’s graduating seniors the greatest success in their future endeavors,” Pusateri said.
About Partnership Financial Credit Union
Partnership Financial Credit Union (PFCU) is a member-owned financial institution with offices in Morton Grove, Barrington and Des Plaines. The organization was established in 2014, when four Chicago-area credit unions with roots going back to 1940 joined in the best interest of their members. PFCU remains dedicated to maintaining close, personable relationships with members while delivering the best possible products and services. Learn more at www.mypfcu.org.
# # #